webInOutBoard lets you toss that employee in/out whiteboard in favor of
a simple web page that employees can mark themselves in and out, leave
notes on when they will be back, or find quick contact information for
webInOutBoard is a web based script written with PHP that uses a mySQL
database to store user information.
If you want to add a login, use the .htaccess/"require valid-user"/AuthName
functionality of Apache to restrict access to this folder.
- tar -zxvf webInOutBoard-*.tar.gz
- chmod a+rX -R webInOutBoard
- Add a user, password, and database on your mySQL server for webInOutBoard. I like phpMyAdmin for working with
- Edit dbinfo.inc.php to fit your system. Remember anyone who has an
account on your system can likely see the contents of this file.
- Go to http://www.example.com/path/to/webInOutBoard/setup.php
- Then try http://www.example.com/path/to/webInOutBoard/
- Only prints the time on Last Update if the date is today in place of the
- Sort will use first name as the second sort by field.
- v0.1 First release!
To Do list:
- To do: Merge all php pages, except setup.php into a single file.
- To do: Add better form input validation.
- To do: Add better SQL result message processing.
- To do: Dress up the Add and Delete user pages.
- To do: Add a "Set all out at X location"
- To do: Add option to make row color dependant on the Status
philip at shuman dot org